Industrial automation robots
Industrial automation robots
What do you think about today’s worlds production, in every area such as foods, health, automobile, agricultural, marine, aerospace, construction, industrial goods, machinery, etc., every sector working with automation and related systems,
What is an automation
Automation is a commonly used word for if some process is done with minimal human intervention. The automation can be business automation, home automation, office automation, robotic process automation, etc., but in this article, we discuss industrial automation with industrial robots.
What is an industrial automation
Industrial automation is to control the physical process and applications to produce and deliver products and services with minimum human involvement. If these concepts apply to the industry to control the machinery and processes in the industry, we call it industrial automation.
Conveyors, robots, cutting machines, and CNC machines are some machines that are used in industrial automation rather and industrial robots play a huge role in industrial automation. Different types of industrial robots are used in various industrial processes in factories.
- Fixed Automation System
As the name says it is a fixed system for a specific task. these systems are designed to perform efficiently with the operation sets. These systems in an inflexible environment and used in mass production lines
- Programmable Automation System
These systems can be reprogrammed according to the operations that are performed .these types of systems are suitable to low to high-level productions and flexible with nature. suitable for batch production.
- Flexible Automation System
It is a computer control industrial system in which the operator enters the commands to the computer system. It designs a variety of products or parts manufacturing. It is used for low production ranges and short product life cycles
Field level:- physical works and monitoring (motors, Pneumatic and hydraulic actuators, sensors)
Control level:- Controlled the field devices. it takes the inputs from input devices and made decisions according to the instruction and turned on the outputs.(PLC,PID)
Supervisory level:- It access all data from the field level and monitoring and control the system in one place SCADA systems are used for it and it consisted of GUI or HMI for remote control.
Planning:- It is a type of computerized management system that monitoring and controlling operations .
Management level:– It controls and sees all company operations monitoring all levels and departments.
Industrial automation robots
Robotics and automation are very closely related in industrial automation .The robots are another system used in automation. , PLC(Programmable logic controllers), and CNC machines are still used for industrial automation as non-robotic machines. Industrial robots have become an important part of automated production lines. These robots are used in many industrial productions, such as welding, material handling, packaging painting, etc.
These robots have different types (Cartesian robots, articulated robots, spherical robots, etc.).Especially these robots are high precision, sensitivity, and high intelligence. (types of industrial robots)
The position of the industrial robot is important. online and offline programming methods are used to program the robots. According to the place and industrial activities the calibration process has been done. most of the time these robots are used for repeated tasks. so the calibration is really important to reduce the errors of the robot.
The moment of the end effector, target positions, working space, moment of the path, and angles are considered during the calibration process. The trajectory tracking errors may cause in high-speed robots, because of the dynamic factors of the robots. Sometimes simulation trajectory and robot running trajectory may be deviated, because of robot dynamics.
Features of industrial robots
- Versatility (employment of different end-effectors at manipulator’s tip)
- Adaptability to a priori unknown situations (use of sensors)
- Positioning accuracy (adoption of feedback control techniques)
- Execution repeatability (programmability of various operations)
Example of industrial automation with robots
- Pick and place robots
- Assembling robots
- Packing robots
- Conveyor belts
- Automated guided vehicles
- 3D printers
- Where house robots
- Vision systems
- Material Handling (Warehouse loading and unloading
- Mill and machine tool tending)
- Manipulation tasks (Arc and spot welding, Casting and die spraying, Gluing and sealing
- Product quality testing ( Contour finding, Object inspection,
- Detection of manufacturing defects )
Growth of industrial robots
Because of the global pandemic situation, robot installations grew slightly to 383,545 units. It indicates a growth rate of almost 0.5% and makes the year 2020 the third most successful year for the robotics industry so far, following 2018 and 2017.
China, Japan, the United States, the Republic of Korea, and Germany. Have 76% market of global robot installations.
According to the Executive Summary World Robotics 2020 Industrial Robots
Industrial robots are also involved in the electrical/electronics industries in 2020. semiconductors, electrical machinery, solar panels, computers, telecommunication devices, and video and electronic entertainment goods industries installed 109,315 industrial robots.
- Increase productivity
- Quality control
- Increase speed
- Increase efficacy
- Increase speed
- Multilevel cost-effectiveness
- Programmable robots can be used for various tasks by changing programs or training
- Possibility of eliminating harmful or off-putting tasks for the human operation
- Operation cost is high
- High maintain cost
Industrial robotics companies and main product areas
Oshino, Yamanashi, Japan
Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Carson, California, United States
Minato City, Tokyo, Japan
Collaborative robots for
Finally, industrial robots change entire industries nowadays. It is involved in an automobile, food, and beverage, electrical and electronic manufacturing, healthcare, logistics and warehouses, oil and gas industries, etc. As a result of industrial robots, unemployment can occur but there are new jobs in the robotics field. According to the “Executive Summary World Robotics 2021 Industrial Robots” The mark of 500,000 units installed per year worldwide is expected to be reached in 2024.
Can you imagine a factory working with industrial robots and without human employees in the future? Is it possible to happen?
IFR (2019). International Federation of Robotics. [online] Ifr.org. Available at: https://ifr.org/free-downloads/.
- Executive Summary World Robotics 2021 Industrial Robots
- World Robotics 2022
- WR 2021 Industrial Robots – Sources & Methods
- KUKA AG. (n.d.). Products. [online] Available at: https://www.kuka.com/en-de/products.
- Abb.com. (2019). Industrial Robots From ABB Robotics. [online] Available at: https://new.abb.com/products/robotics/industrial-robots.
- automation.omron.com. (n.d.). Omron Robotic Solutions. [online] Available at: https://automation.omron.com/en/mx/products/category/robotics [Accessed 19 Sep. 2022].
- www.yaskawa.eu.com. (n.d.). Products. [online] Available at: https://www.yaskawa.eu.com/products [Accessed 19 Sep. 2022].
- www.fanuc.co.jp. (n.d.). Models – ROBOT – Products – FANUC CORPORATION. [online] Available at: https://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/product/robot/model/index.html [Accessed 19 Sep. 2022].
- emea.mitsubishielectric.com. (n.d.). Robots | Industrial / Collaborative Robots – MELFA – Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation. [online] Available at: https://emea.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/rbt/robot [Accessed 19 Sep. 2022].
- Universal-robots.com. (2020). Collaborative robots from UR | Start your automation journey today. [online] Available at: https://www.universal-robots.com/products/.
- Comau. (n.d.). Industrial Automation Company and Robotics. [online] Available at: https://www.comau.com/en/ [Accessed 19 Sep. 2022]
- epson.com. (n.d.). Industrial Robots | Factory Automation | Epson US. [online] Available at: https://epson.com/industrial-robots-factory-automation [Accessed 19 Sep. 2022].
One thought on “Industrial automation robots”
expertly researched and written